Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Nanny Diaries


As this was a movie I had barely heard of, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. If you watch it with a DVD player that edits out the language for you then you are set to go. (There is brief strong language.) Scarlett Johansson does a great job as a nanny in NYC, and she is more believable and less painted than in some of her other films. The romance is pretty much just a side plot, with the main idea of the movie being self-discovery and as the tag line says, "Life on top as seen from the bottom." Another cool thing about this movie is that it is framed as a documentary--the lead character offering social commentary throughout. At the end you find that it is her application to NYU's graduate school in anthropology.
P.S. The Harvard Hottie is pretty hot, I must say :)

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this movie too. It was a cute story and it had a moral. Good one. I agree with you about the Harvard Hottie. He is fine.

    ReplyDelete