Monday, March 28, 2011

Salt

This movie was actually really great! I feel like I always write negative reviews, and I guess I usually do. Because I want to spare you all the agony of wasting your time watching crappy movies!

But I think you will all like this movie a lot. It is about equal in my mind to the Bourne movies. Except that I like it a little more. I love how it keeps tricking me--she's good!--no! she's bad!--no! she's good!--bad!--good!--bad! Okay, maybe it wasn't quite that many times, but it was a little tricky. I mean, it is what you'd expect from an Action / Russian Spy / FBI flick, but it is excellently executed.

There was plenty of violence, and death--one horrifying death in particular--but I think the level of violence is about equal to what was in the Bourne movies. Or in Mission Impossible. And the plot is just so fantastically riveting! And Angelina Jolie does a superb job. Go watch this tonight!

3 comments:

  1. DON'T READ THIS COMMENT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AND YOU STILL WANT TO. I GUESS I COULD HAVE JUST SAID SPOILER. :)

    Lise, I didn't like this movie as much as you seen to have. Sure, I thought it was pretty good: intrigue, action, etc. But, I feel like they left way too many loose ends. I was way surprised when it just ended the way it did. And do we really know if she was good? Yes, she was on America's side in the end, but was she always? Or did she just turn on her comrades because they killed her husband? And what was her motivation for going down to the bunker anyway? She didn't know her partner was a Russian too. And what was she thinking her whole life? Did she just decide she didn't want to have anything to do with it once she fell in love? Or did she still plan on following her leader when he showed up? Anyway, personally I like the Bourne movies much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Chelle, I thought it was pretty obvious that love changed her from being bad to good. And she went down into the Bunker to protect the President. Right? The other loose ends were purposefully loose because I think they're setting up the possibility of a sequel. And I hope they do a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Lise, she thought it was her responsibility to kill the President. Why would he be in danger if she wasn't going to carry out her responsibility of killing him? They probably just had her go down there to keep the audience questioning if she was good or bad.

    ReplyDelete