Monday, September 20, 2010

Inception

This has got to be my favorite move (so far) of 2010. I liked it better than avatar, toy story 3, and salt.

The thing that made this movie so amazing was the amazing concept of dream building/hacking/living/fighting. The director, Christopher Nolan has got to be one of my favorite action/adventure directors. Michael Caine who plays the Professor, has appeared in several other of Nolan's films including: Batman Begins, The Prestige, and Dark Knight. As the "Alfred" figure in all.

Another remarkable thing about the movie for me was the complete abandon with which Nolan throws ideas at the audience. I almost wish the movie had been drawn out into seven movies like Star Wars. The discovery that you can share a dream could be the first. The concept that you can be awake in a dream and gain experience could be the second. The concept that you can go to different levels of dreams could be the third. The idea of using drugs to hack into someone's dream and the use of architects to create the dream could be another. The levels after the initial dream could be next... So many concepts that were there were just remarkable.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it you should. My scores:
Plot: 10/10
Acting: 9/10
Soundtrack: 9/10
Cinematography: 9/10
I give this movie a 9/10. And if they come out with an extended cut in the DVD release, I'll probably buy it. It's like the matrix for this decade.

2 comments:

  1. Dave! You posted a review! I'm so pleased :).

    Dan and I saw Inception last Wednesday. We both loved it. Brilliant creativity.

    Is it true that the totem stops spinning at the end of the credits? We didn't stay that long...

    ReplyDelete